Moving to Eindhoven as an expat? Read these 4 valuable tips!

TIP 1:

Before you settle down in the Netherlands, is it necessary to have import documents like diploma’s and grade lists legalised. Your new employer will ask for them.

TIP 2:

Applying for a visa is something you shouldn’t forget when you want to settle in the Netherlands.

TIP 3:

As soon as you arrive you can report yourself at the City Hal in Eindhoven. You need to do this within 5 days after arrival. You need to make an appointment before. To book this appointment you can call the number: +31 40 2386 000 Don’t forget to ask where you need to be.

Please take the following documents with you during the appointment:

    1. A valid passport. If you are already a resident from the EU then an Identity card is also fine.
    2. Original marriage certificate, birth certificate, death certificate of important events
    3. Rental- or purchase agreement from your house
    4. Proof of deregistration if you come from Belgium, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius or Saba

The city hall is located at:

Stadhuisplein 10

Monday 09.00 AM – 1.00 PM
Thuesday 09.00 AM – 1.00 PM
Wednesday 09.00 AM – 1.00 PM
Thursday 09.00 AM – 1.00 PM
Friday 09.00 AM – 1.00 PM

TIP 4:

Are you going to live together or move in with someone, think about a copy of passport from the owner/head resident.
A written statement from the main occupant / owner that he or she gives permission for this (possibly against payment for this).